IMN Solutions is a fast growing, Association and Event Management Company. The Associate Director, Convention Housing, will manage a portfolio of accounts and will work directly with an IMN project team, IMN clients and various industry suppliers. The goal is to ensure all client needs are met and expectations exceeded. Core job responsibilities require strong professional customer service, teamwork, project management, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, have a keen eye for details, creative thinking and problem solving. This position will be committed to the Housing division 100% of the time and report to the Vice President, Strategic Sourcing and Housing Solutions.
- Manages convention housing components of approximately 10 – 15 programs annually. Programs range from 4 to 30+ hotels.
- Liaison between client and Housing/Customer Service Staff and hotels.
- Consult with client to create best practices that fit the needs of their event.
- Analyze prior years inventory and patterns and advise client on current years room blocks.
- Provide proactive room block management recommendations to clients based on pace reports and changes in bell curve.
- Manage housing platform, housing website construction and detail. Ensure that all of the data is accurate per the terms of the hotel contracts. Work with team to quality check each dedicated client housing site.
- Manage client rooming lists including reservation creation and maintenance, concession assignments, and requests for rooms outside of contracted blocks. Advise client on maximizing concession usage.
- Develop FAQs and talking points for each client project to ensure Housing and Customer Care Specialists are well versed and supported.
- Establish sub block procedures and best practices based on client needs.
- Communicates with clients and hotels on weekly basis and as necessary on inventory and pace management. Effectively manage all housing-related deadlines.
- Provide onsite housing support as needed.
- Responsible for understanding the established SOPs for IMN client accounts.
- Develop final reporting for client and internal use. Schedule and lead final wrap up call with each client.
- Manage Housing and Customer Care Specialists and lead the team with their professional development and job satisfaction in mind.
- Answer incoming phone calls, manage multiple phone lines and answer voicemails
- Process reservations and modifications in housing system
- Manage housing inboxes to ensure all inquiries are responded to in 24 hours
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints
- Learn the product for each client and be able to answer customer questions
- Keep records of inquiries and interactions
- Communicate with colleagues and efficiently manage the escalation process as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience within Association and/or Corporate convention housing, customer service or reservation/registration roles
- Must be comfortable conducting video calls with clients
- Working in a collaborative environment that encourages giving and receiving feedback
- Strong knowledge or experience in project management, hotel contracts and hotel room blocks/concessions desired. History of program/event management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, database management. Knowledge in Resiada, Passkey, Hotel Reservation systems, HubSpot a plus.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, strong interpersonal communication, strategic and analytic thinking are essential.
- This position may require travel to client meetings.
- Must be able to work independently from home and provide a professional setting from which to conduct video and telephone calls.
- Knowledge of convention hotel industry in major cities within the Continental US.
- Salary range: $70,000 – $80,000
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
- Must be able to work at a desk on a computer.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com